What You Need to Know before Hiring a Plumbing Specialist
5 Questions to Ask a Plumber
You will need plumbing services sooner or later. No doubt about it. If you notice anything unusual about your faucets, water heater, tub, pipes, or toilet, calling a reliable local plumber is a must. Do not wait for the problem to become worse and hire an experienced and knowledgeable plumber to serve you with integrity and professionalism. Do you want to know what questions to ask a specialist before you hire him? Read the list below.
- Are you licensed? This is the main question. Never forget to ask it, and do not just trust words. Many plumbers work without a license. Having a legitimate state license means that the contractor has passed government testing, and he is familiar with the latest building codes. Just a license itself doesn’t guarantee impeccable results, but you must always ask this question as it is a sign for an expert plumbing company.
- Is this your final price? Some professional plumbers offer free estimates and discounts. Ask about the cost of labor, materials, and any contingency. If you get a clear answer to this question and understand how the price is calculated, this will help you to prepare certain budget without being worried of additional costs. Remember, all the calculations with estimates and rates must be presented in writing to avoid any unexpected surprises.
- How long have you been in business? The longer a plumbing contractor has been in this industry, the better. This guarantees quick and quality work. Doing this for a living for many years means that the plumbers have extensive expertise, and they can handle all sorts of issues from a simple dripping faucet to major burst pipes and flooding. Plus, this also means that they are fully aware of the most advanced equipment and techniques that really guarantee long-lasting results.
- Can you show me references? This is important as every reputable company should have an easy-to-use website with a long list of former customers and their testimonials.
- Do you clean up after you finish your work? It may sound like a silly question but not all professional plumbers clean up their mess. After a project is completed, they leave small and dangerous particles that can represent hazard for the whole family. Therefore, never forget to ask it.
If you need an honest and expert local plumber, contact United Plumbing & Heating Jersey City. We will impress you with 100 % commitment and integrity. Your Jersey City, NJ plumber will provide you with absolute satisfaction.